Free by the Sea is a recovery and rehabilitation facility for people battling alcoholism in the State of Washington. We help those living with alcohol addiction reclaim their lives and live a life of sobriety.
Serving the Nation, based in the Pacific Northwest.
Many people can occasionally drink and preserve their jobs, education, and personal relationships. Some individuals, however, feel like they need alcohol to keep themselves going throughout the day. Others may blame their alcoholism on other problems and people because they feel ashamed or guilty about their drinking. These individuals may even hide the behaviors and actions that occurred while under the influence. Behaviors such as these are red flags and signs that the person struggles with alcohol abuse.
Drinking alcohol has the potential to impact relationships, personal development, and careers. If you or someone you know experiences the warning signs of alcohol abuse or addiction, we recommend you seek help now. The caring and compassionate staff of Free by the Sea helps men and women regain control of their lives.
What Is Alcohol Rehab?
Alcohol rehab at Free by the Sea is a powerful, evidence-proven method of cutting the ties of alcohol dependence to help individuals begin healthier and happier lives. During rehab, the underlying causes of alcohol addiction are brought to the surface and directly addressed through treatment. Problems with alcohol addiction can be both physical and psychological. Our treatment program aims to overcome those issues in three phases: alcohol detoxification, counseling, and aftercare. The detoxification confronts the physical aspects of the addiction while counseling addresses the psychological components and aftercare assists in correcting the social perspective and maintaining sobriety. PLEASE NOTE: Free by the Sea DOES NOT provide alcohol detox services. We recommend outside detox services and provide the recovery after the detox is complete.
Why Seek Alcohol Rehabilitation?
Since the American Medical Association classified alcoholism as a chronic and progressive disease in the 1960s, treatment approaches have changed significantly. Alcoholism can lead to high blood pressure, gastrointestinal disorders, cirrhosis of the liver, insufficient blood cell production, and cardiac disease when it is not treated. The disease and the issues associated with it do not simply disappear — rehabilitation is necessary. At Free by the Sea, we assist people who are having trouble with alcoholism in a caring, nonjudgmental, and professional manner. The facility provides a place for struggling individuals to heal, recover, and defeat the disease so they can reestablish themselves.
What Is Alcohol Abuse?
Sometimes negative consequences arise in people’s lives because of their consumption of alcohol and behavior while under the influence. Problems most often begin to manifest in the form of family arguments at home. Problems then start to cross into their jobs, which could result in job losses or the inability to find work. Some individuals have difficulty arriving on time or simply showing up as expected. When alcohol interferes with day-to-day responsibilities, a person is abusing alcohol. While the person may not be an alcoholic yet, the progressive nature of the disease means that the person is following a well-laid path toward alcoholism.
What Are the Signs of Alcohol Abuse?
Some of the warning signs of alcohol abuse are the following:
- Alcohol-related legal trouble
- Blackouts or memory loss when drinking alcohol
- Declining school or work performance
- Drinking to relieve stress, relax, or feel better
- Isolation from family and friends
- Lying about drinking alcohol
- Missing important deadlines and dates
- Neglecting home, school, or work responsibilities
- Participating in high-risk behavior such as drunk driving or sexual promiscuity
- Difficulty maintaining relationships with others
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselors, including licensed Mental Health Therapists.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
The cycle of addiction and the destructive consequences have implications for both those who drink and the people around them. Alcoholism could take everything, even their lives, if they do not get treatment. Contact Free by the Sea for more details on how we can help.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea is located in the State of Washington and offers all of the tools individuals need to recover successfully from alcoholism. We work with the mind and body to heal struggling individuals and the people around them. We maintain the strictest confidence and utmost privacy for those in treatment. We are pleased to talk with you or anyone you know who is experiencing the warning signs of alcoholism. Contact us today.