- Are family and friends permitted to visit?
Visitation time is every Sunday afternoon between 1:00 and 4:30 p.m. While family and friends are welcome, all visitors must be pre-approved by the client’s counselor.
- Are electronic devices permitted?
iPods and MP3 players are permitted provided they do not have Wi-Fi capability. All other electronic devices should be left at home, including cell phones, laptop computers, and electronic tablets. We understand some patients may require access to the internet, and we will provide Wi-Fi access to clients who have the permission of their counselor.
- Are food and snacks allowed to be brought into the facility?
No outside food or drinks should be brought into the facility initially. Meals are regularly scheduled, and snacks are readily available on site. Store runs are made once or twice per week if you wish to purchase additional items.
- What payment options are available?
We accept most forms of health insurance as well as private pay.
- Does the client have to be diagnosed or referred to be admitted to the center or participate in its programs?
For those who have not had a prior assessment, our screening process includes a substance use disorder and mental health criteria review to establish the appropriate level of care for their drug or alcohol addiction.
- What policies or measures are in place to protect client privacy before, during, and after treatment?
As a drug and alcohol treatment facility, we are required by law to comply with the Health Insurance Portability Act of 1996 (HIPPA). Your information will remain personal and confidential.
- How long has the facility been in operation?
Free by the Sea opened in 2011. While ours is a new drug and alcohol treatment facility, our staff is not new to the treatment environment. Our team has well over 30 years of combined experience in addiction treatment and rehabilitation.
- What kind of support is available to clients after leaving the center?
Prior to leaving treatment, each client will receive an individualized discharge plan. The client’s success on his or her journey to recovery is of utmost importance, and we strive to equip our clients with a plan that will promote the greatest potential for life-long recovery.
- Does your staff have specialized experience in certain treatments or methods?
Our staff of professional and qualified counselors has been educated in a variety of fields, including mental health, dual diagnosis, and chemical dependency.
- Why Choose Free by the Sea?
Certified Substance Abuse Counselors, including licensed Mental Health Therapists.
Read more about What to Pack