What To Pack
The following list includes items you should bring with you for your stay at Free by the Sea.
- Enough comfortable clothing to last for a week. Our treatment center is on the southwest Washington coast and is typically cooler than inland communities no matter the season. Bring casual clothing (jeans, sweatshirts) that can be layered according to the season and temperature. Pack for both indoor and outdoor activities. Laundry facilities are available on site.
- Clothing that is appropriate and in good taste (no racial slurs or references to sex, drugs, or alcohol)
- Gym clothes and athletic shoes
- Rain gear and a light jacket
- Sweaters and sweatshirts
- A bathrobe (optional), slippers, and pajamas
- Personal care items, including a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, deodorant, shaving supplies, shampoo, conditioner, makeup, etc. Do not bring items containing alcohol, such as mouthwash, perfume, cologne, aftershave, etc.
- Your health insurance card and state ID card
- Current prescriptions in their original containers
- Cigarettes if you smoke
- Vaping is allowed but make sure vape juice is new and unopened
- MP3 players (non-wireless/internet connected devices)
- Anything that will make you feel as though this is your home away from home (photos, books and magazines, a favorite blanket or pillow)
What to Leave Behind
Please leave the following items at home.
- Laptop computers, cell phones, and cameras (electronics are not allowed during the residential phase of treatment)
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Guns, knives, or other weapons
- Illegal substances
- Any item containing alcohol, including mouthwash, perfume, cologne, aftershave, etc.
- Food, candy, and drinks