Signs of Drug Addiction in Washington State
Advanced drug use is known as an addiction. Addictions involve a wide range of effects that are physical, social, and psychological. Brain chemistry is actually altered because of drug addiction, and the body adapts itself to numerous effects of the particular drug being used. Drug use affects not only the actual user, but their families and loved ones as well. If you or a loved one displays signs of being addicted to drugs, you should contact Free by the Sea in the State of Washington for more drug addiction treatment information.
Serving the Nation, based in the Pacific Northwest.
Not all drug users are addicts. Many people use drugs recreationally without becoming addicted, although they still encounter physical and legal risks. People are usually not addicted because they do not regularly smoke marijuana or take pills on a regular basis.
The drug addict, however, is different. A person who is addicted to drugs will do almost anything to acquire and use the drug of their choice. The compulsion can lead to becoming homeless, overdosing, or going to jail.
Is My Loved One Addicted?
Family members and friends can look for warning signs when attempting to determine if their loved one is an addict.
Physical Addiction Signs
- Bloodshot eyes
- Dilated pupils
- Sudden weight changes
- Disturbed coordination
- Slurred speech
- Not sleeping enough or too much
- Sudden lack of concern about appearance
Behavioral Signs of Addiction
- Drugs are the chief priority
- Unable to see risks
- Tolerance leads to increased drug amount and frequency
- Drugs are taken not to get high, but to fight withdrawal symptoms
- Impaired judgment leading to higher risk of overdose
- Withdrawal symptoms set in quickly without drugs
Social Signs of Addiction
- Old friends move on while newer, less reputable friends replace them
- Refusal to maintain old relationships
- Refusal to attend work or school
- Negative interactions with law enforcement such as court-ordered treatment and arrests
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselors, including licensed Mental Health Therapists.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
Breaking the cycle of addiction helps the addict and their loved ones start the process of healing. Addiction can and will take everything from you if it is not treated properly. Please call us today at (360) 777-7050 for additional addiction and recovery information from Free by the Sea.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea, located in the State of Washington, can help you regain your peace of mind and return you to a state of wellbeing in terms of your body, mind, and soul. We provide a number of addiction treatment programs, dual diagnosis treatments, and drug and alcohol rehab services. Should you or a loved one require help, do not hesitate to contact us today.