Family Education and Support Programs in Washington State
Drug and alcohol addictions affect the entire family. Successful recovery is not just about healing the client, but also healing loved ones and the family bonds that can be tested during addiction. Free by the Sea offers a monthly one day family program focused on helping this vital support unit establish a foundation for successful recovery — not only for the client but the entire family.
Serving the Nation, based in the Pacific Northwest.
Addiction Impacts the Entire Family
The goals of our family education and support program are as follows:
- Learn about addiction as a disease model
- Identify family roles in addiction
- Understand and prevent enabling behaviors and addiction
- Learn to identify codependency
- Move on from denial, shame, and fear
- Improve communication and learn to practice healthy conflict resolution
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Practice healthy recovery principles
If you live with and love someone who is struggling with addiction, you need support and therapy to help you get your own needs met. You simply cannot help someone else unless you take care of your own needs. We can help you through our family education and support services.
Loved ones of addicts or alcoholics often feel angry, confused, frustrated, hurt, helpless, or hopeless. Your loved one’s addiction has left you struggling with the negative physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and mental impacts of their addiction. A family education program can prove invaluable in helping you realize how you can start healing from the harm that addiction has done to the life of your family.
Our family education and support program will help you recognize that you cannot control the addiction of your loved one. You cannot cure it and cannot be blamed for it. Your loved one is in reality a victim of a disease; they cannot help being an addict. Although no cure exists for addiction, professional treatment can help them effectively manage their condition and help you realize how you can best provide support for the successful recovery of your loved one.
Family Support for Addiction
After enrolling in our family support and education program, you will learn more information about your own beliefs about the nature of addiction and how these beliefs have shaped your interactions with your loved one. In turn, this will better equip you to have those coping skills needed to create a lasting and loving relationship with your loved one so that both of you can be successful in life.
At Free by the Sea, you will learn about addiction from those who have walked the same road you walk now. You will discover that you are never alone as you are helped by support and therapy groups that will walk that road with you all the way to the eventual recovery of your loved one. You will also learn how to set achievable goals that will help you recover emotionally as you experience the support and fellowship of others who have been in your shoes. It is time to provide for your own needs before you can help anyone else.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselors, including licensed Mental Health Therapists.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
We offer family counseling over the family program weekend. If you are unable to be physically present for the family program but are interested in engaging in sessions with your loved one, Kindly reach out to a member of our clinical team to make arrangements that fit their needs.
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
Addiction affects families as much as the person who is using drugs and alcohol. If your family is affected by drugs or alcohol, then please call Free by the Sea today at (360) 777-7050 for more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
At Free by the Sea, located in the State of Washington, our team is ready to help families who are living with addiction and alcoholism. Contact us today.